Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pennsylvania Day 2

Hey guys! Pennsylvania is a blast so far! We went to Gettysburg, PA, to see the civil war musuem and to see where Abe Lincoln spoke the speech "Four score and seven years ago..." That would have to be one of the most popular speech in American Hishtory, and my favorite one at that. We toured the Battlefield of the Battle of Gettysburg, one of the most bloodiest next to the Battle of Antietam. There were a whole bunch of graves and my sister, Kady, would take pictures of almost every HUGE gravestone there was, well, until we finally told her to get on the car so we could actually find our way out of here, which is what we were in the process of doing next to touring and taking pictures. Then, we finally found our way out and left to go back to Lancaster, PA, where my family is staying, at my grandparents' house. After the history trip, my grandpa Whitehead, my father, and I went out to play 9 holes at the golf course. I didn't do too well, but I did decent. I lost every ball except for 3. :-P . The funniest thing happened at hole 8 stroke 2 for grandpa. He was in the middle of these trees and across the street was a house. They knew who lived there. He stroked the ball with a 5 wood and hit the ball solid, hit the tree solid, and then hit the roof solid and into the gutter, then down the drain pipe. LMAO!!! You could hear it. It was like a pinball machine. My dad and I started cracking up and I fell out of the golf cart laughing so hard. Best moment this year. :) . Then, we ate at the country club where we played. My sister and grandma were on their way to the club after they were done shopping. She got a Ripstick, 2 new webkinz, and clothing from various places. It was a pretty fun day if you ask me. Tune in tomorrow for some more of this trip.

No comments: